Summer Fridays: How to Take Care of Your Skin This Summer
We have officially kicked off our Summer Fridays series where we put the spotlight on other Jacksonville small businesses to share fun "how to" videos on things that we love to talk about here behind the scenes.
Of course, we had to bring up skin care and we connected with Rachel Brown at Skin Spa to go over how to best take care of our skin this Summer. Living in Florida, skin care and maintenance is so important since we are always in the sun. Definitely going to be following these skin care tips for the Summer.
1. Wear Sunscreen! This is nothing new of course but it is critical to keeping your skin looking youthful and not like a leathered football. Simply find your favorite and put it on every morning. Don't forget to reapply it throughout the day as well!
2. Hyaluronic Acid. This water loving skincare booster is your very best friend in the Summer. It holds up to 1,000x its weight in water! You can add it to your current moisturizer or oils to help keep your skin feeling and looking youthful. Aloe is great for this too!
3. Hydrating Facial Mist. Throw a hydrating facial mist in your beach bag and spray it on your face throughout the day to keep your skin feeling dewy and hydrated throughout the day. Bonus feature is it helps cool you off on those SUPER hot and muggy days.
4. Vitamin C Serum. Vitamin C serum is a double whammy of what your skin needs in the Summer; it's hydrating and anti-aging! It's also great in the Summer because it gives you a brightening effect and helps produce collagen in a gentle way.
5. DRINK WATER! We know you hear it all the time but it's for good reason, my friend. Water is not only good for your body but GREAT for your skin.
6. Wear a hat. When in doubt on if you need a hat or not. BRING THE HAT! How many times have you said "I didn't think it was going to be this sunny". For us? Countless times and more often than not we have always needed a hat and it truly one of the easiest ways to defend your skin from that bright, shining sun.
Thank you to Rachel Brown from Skin Spa for sharing her favorite Summer skin care secrets and reminding us to take care of ourselves this Summer!
Check back in at @figandwillowboutique every Friday for our Summer series and the great takeovers we have coming!
Fig & Willow