Happy May! We cannot wait for Summer to officially be here but at least the Florida weather is starting to feel like it already. To honor the new month and the great Summer ahead we are sharing our go-to Summer drink that never fails to refresh and taste amazing at the same time.
- 8 Large Meyers Lemons
- 2 C. sugar or 1 1/4 C. Honey
- 8 C. water
- 1-2 Lemons sliced to garnish
- Wash lemons thoroughly and roll until soft on a hard surface.
- Slice the lemons and mash them in a bowl using a potato masher or wooden spoon along with the sugar until the sugar is dissolved. If you have time, place the lemon and sugar mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes to enhance the flavor.
- Strain the sugar-lemon mixture into a measuring cup until you get 2 cups. If you do not have 2 cups worth, just add some more lemon juice to the mixture.
- Add the sugar-lemon mixture to a pitcher filled with 8 cups of water. Mix and enjoy!
- Garnish with lemons slices for an extra touch!
Can't wait to make a pitcher of this perfect drink and relax outside this weekend!