Best Spiked Hot Chocolate Recipe
So we blinked and Christmas is a week away! Between buying gifts, wrapping gifts and giving gifts...we need a much needed breather. We have just what the doc-...we mean SANTA ordered! Drum roll please....SPIKED HOT CHOCOLATE. The recipe below is the fancy version but please know with the hectic lives we lead, using some good ol' Swiss Miss will do as well.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 ¾ cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 14 cups whole milk
- 8 oz peppermint schnapps
- 16 large marshmallows
- whipped cream, for garnish
- peppermint candy, crushed, for garnish
- Add the sugar and cocoa powder to a slow cooker and whisk to combine.
- Add the milk and whisk to incorporate. Turn the heat setting to high, cover, and warm for 30-60 minutes, until steaming. Once steaming, reduce the heat setting to warm.
- Add the peppermint schnapps. Whisk to combine and to ensure the sugar and cocoa powder are fully dissolved. Add the marshmallows.
- Ladle into mugs and top with whipped cream and crushed peppermint candies.
Recipe is from: https://tasty.co/recipe/spiked-hot-chocolate
Fig & Willow Team